Thursday, July 9, 2015

Welcome to my new life



Good morning Murderers, I hope this lovely summery Thursday is the best you've had in a long while. I call Thursday "friday eve". It makes the day special in some way. It's like Christmas Eve or New Years Eve.

I am currently working hard on my book that is being composed on my blog for the How to Write Series. You can check it out here : http://www.kimsmithauthor.com -- I posted a link under the links part of the header to all the posts so someone who was interested could start with the first post and follow all the way through.

I have a subscribe thing on the site, too, so that no one misses any posts.

So far, this has been a lot of fun. It is making me really think about HOW I write a book. What do I do now? What do I do next? All those questions that come to mind. I am considering doing a contest to name the book. Maybe along about chapter three? I am finishing up chapter one now.

Sorry Murderers, it ISN'T a murder mystery.

But, the new revised Shannon Wallace mysteries will probably be out next month. At least the first book. I have retitled Avenging Angel to Deadly Array, and am very excited. The editor that has been working with me is top notch. She found things that THREE other editors didn't find. Just so you know, errors can and will make it into the printed version.

I am still struggling with my "new life". In case you do not follow me, my husband has cancer. There, I said it. I am doing many many things that I never thought I would have to do, and one of those is looking for a second job. It would be so much easier for me to just find ONE that paid more money, but I need the benefits that my one poorly paid job offers, so...there's that.

Maybe one day I will post the whole story. Maybe it will be an ebook one day. Hah! Maybe it will be a Lifetime movie. But for now, it's just my "new life" and I am bearing the burden.

Money is very tight because he cannot work so if you have a few bucks you are not in need of, please consider supporting us by buying a short story or book. And thanks for your prayers, folks. They are always needed and appreciated.

2 comments:

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Very sorry to learn the news of your husband's diagnosis with cancer. Prayers to both him and you.

It's juggling while wearing another hat or two. Good luck with the novel release preparation and job search.

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

God bless you and Allan, Kim. I'm so sorry you are struggling like this, but if anyone can do it, you are the best candidate. Strong, positive, and always hard working, you will make it through! I just know it. ;o) ((hugs))